VOLUNTEER WITH US!
Explore, learn, and grow. Dive into Industry 4.0 and experience hands-on what it’s like to be a part of the most exciting event in deep-tech. Apply now to be a volunteer at the CUBE Tech Fair 2018!
Why volunteer with us?
Volunteering at the CUBE Tech Fair is a uniquely amazing opportunity to learn about the deep-tech industry and mingle with the leading companies in the tech world. As a volunteer, you have unrestricted access to the full Tech Fair program and we invite you to explore, learn, and experience it to the fullest. In addition to your Tech Fair pass, you’ll also receive a CUBE Tech Fair T-shirt, food, and drinks while you are on your shift. Sounds like a sweet deal?
As the first access point to the Tech Fair, you set the tone and pace for the next two days. This is your chance to be a stellar ambassadors for CUBE and help our guests start things off on the right foot! Outgoing individuals who can work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a cheerful disposition are what we’re looking for here.
It’s a big space and a lot of people, some of which are bound to have questions. That’s where you come in as our information touchpoints! Your one and only responsibility is helping our guests find what they look for and get to where they want. Simple and straightforward, but so necessary.
Help us keep the Tech Fair looking beautiful! Things can get a bit chaotic and it’s your job to make sure we maintain an organized, tidy appearance. The perk of this job is that you’ll be on the go and you have the chance to check out some of the booths while you make sure the place looks beautiful.
If you’re curious about what happens backstage, we have the perfect job for you. As a stage manager you’re in charge of making sure that things run smoothly and that the show goes off without a hitch. You’ll coordinate with VIP Services to ensure that our speakers have everything they need to do a killer job and help keep our tight schedule flowing.
Perhaps you have a background in construction, electrics, or theatrical/event production? Or perhaps you’re just looking for something a little more physical. Either way, we’re looking for a solid crew of people who are willing and able to help us build the Tech Fair and then take it all down. For the hard work, you’re rewarded with access to both days of the festival, free and unencumbered.
Please note: This is a two-day commitment for the 14th and 17th.
Do you feel comfortable with jumping in and out of various roles and being the go-to person for the official Tech Fair Team? We have something fun for you! As a production ninja, you are ready to help where help is needed most. Plus, this role allows you to get the real taste of everything that goes into making CUBE Tech Fair happen.
Our speakers are rockstars of the tech world and we want them to feel as such! This is where you come in. As a VIP & Delivery Services volunteer, you’ll be coordinating with Stage Managers to ensure that speakers get to where they need to be on time and are ready to go. We’re looking for hospitality pros who are dedicated to making sure our guests have a fantastic experience while participating at the CUBE Tech Fair.
- What is CUBE Tech Fair?
CUBE Tech Fair is an annual event designed to bring together the world’s best B2B tech startups with a curated network of corporate partners and key influencers who are determined to shape the future of industry 4.0. In short, it’s an opportunity for startups and investors to meet and make business happen.
- When is it?
May 15-16, 2018
- Where is it?
We’ve moved this year to Arena Berlin!
Eichenstrasse 4, 12435 Berlin
- How do I get there?
Arena Berlin is conveniently situated in between S-Bahn station Treptower Park (S8, S9, S41, S42, S85) and U-Bahn station Schlesisches Tor (U1) and both are approximately a 10 minute walk from Arena. From Treptower Park: upon exiting the train station walk straight down Martin-Hoffmann-Str. until you reach Eichenstr. From Schlesisches Tor: upon exiting the train, walk down Schlesisches str., crossing the canal until it becomes Pusckinallee. Make a left on Eichenstr. and you have arrived. See you there!
- Who can apply?
Anyone with a passion for tech startups and innovation is welcome to apply! We only ask that applicants are 18+ by the time of the Tech Fair.
- I can’t make it to TF, are there other ways to get involved?
Of course! We’re happy to add you to our mailing list and keep you updated about upcoming events at our space in Berlin.
- When will I know if I’ve been accepted?
Application close on 20th of April and you’ll then be contacted.
- When will I know what Team I’m on?
Teams are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis. You’ll receive your Team assignment after the applications are closed.
- My friend wants to volunteer too. Can we be in the same group?
Unfortunately we can’t promise that you’ll be in the same group as your friend but TF is all about making new connections; embrace the spirit!
- Will there be any pre-Tech Fair meetups happening for volunteers?
Yes! A lot is going to be happening on the days of Tech Fair and we want to make sure you’re prepped, ready to go, and feeling good. We’ll notify you by May 1st with a specific date. Although useful, it’s not mandatory to attend.
- What do I have to commit to in order to get my free ticket?
1 full day of volunteering split into 2 half-day sessions gets you in!
- What if I can’t make it to TF anymore?
It’s a pity you can’t make it! Just let us know asap.
- Are food/drinks provided?
On the day(s) you are volunteering, yes. Otherwise we have some awesome food trucks onsite that you should definitely try.
- Can you offer any help with travel/accommodation?
Unfortunately we cannot offer any travel grants or help with accommodation at the time.
Rules & Regulations
- Our main operating language is English! Therefore, we ask that our volunteers are proficient and able to communicate in English first and foremost. However, German is a plus and we ask that you please indicate your proficiency level in the application.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age by the time of the Tech Fair.
- We’ll be providing drinks and lunch on the day(s) you volunteer but we unfortunately can’t help out with any travel, accommodation, or additional costs that may be incurred. Please keep this in mind when applying.
- In order to receive all the perks of being a volunteer, you must commit to 1 full day of volunteering. Our days are split into half day sessions so please select 2. If you’re super keen on being the best volunteer ever, feel free to join us for setup and takedown! Please indicate your availability on the application.
- The Event Construction team is asked to be available to join us for 2 full days (14th and 17th). The tradeoff? You’re free to enjoy both days of the Tech Fair!
- We’ll do our very best to give you your first choice but unfortunately we can’t make any promises. We fill the Teams on a first-come-first-serve basis so there’s a chance not everyone will be given their first pick. We can however promise that regardless of what Team you’re on your Tech Fair experience will still be an awesome one!
- Please note that all categories are subject to change. As the Tech Fair progresses, our needs may change; we simply ask that volunteers understand and are flexible.
- CUBE has a strict no-tolerance policy for harassment or discrimination of any kind. Individuals who violate this policy will be asked to leave the Tech Fair and not invited back.